WordPress duplicate page or post can be useful for you in many ways. By copying and modifying your existing page you can reuse your last work in a new project. It is also helpful when you want to renew a WordPress page or to keep as a reference when you redesign your website.
The easiest way to create a Duplicate WordPress page or post is by using a plugin. So, have a look at how to duplicate a page in WordPress. You need to follow some easy steps.
Install Duplicate Post plugin
By installing the duplicate plugin, you can copy the comments, slug, menu order, and much more! Do the following steps to install and activate the plugin.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and drive to the Plugins.
- Go to Add New.
- Search “Duplicate Post plugin” in the admin area of WordPress and click on it.
- Click Install Now. Wait till the process completes and press the Activate button.
- Come back to your pages or posts.
Once you have install the WordPress duplicate plugin you can duplicate the post or pages by the following two methods.
Also check: Best Way to Make Money With WordPress
1. Duplicate With clone option
- if you’re going to clone a post click on Post then All Post.
- Hover over the page or post you want to clone
- You will find two options Clone (to duplicate the selected post) and New Draft (to create a cloned version of the chosen post and edit).
- Click on clone.
- The cloned post or page will be created and appeared as a new draft with the same name as the original one.
- Click on the edit button and start modifying.
2. Duplicate With New Draft Option
- You can go with New Draft option to duplicate a WordPress page/post.
- Click on the New Draft button.
- This will immediately move to the edit.
Once you have to duplicate the post or page, you can adjust it as you like. You can make changes in the page/post name, content and can also set the slug.
Publish the duplicate page or post
After you finished all the modifications and your duplicate WordPress page is completed, you can publish it. Press the publish button on the right navigation. It will be uploaded.
Duplicating an existing page is a good practice to reuse your effort and idea. It saves your time and effort and the most important gives you a wonderful feature of archiving your valuable works for future use.