Activate Windows 10 watermark appears on your desktop when you have not activated your windows once the 90 day trail period is over. You need to buy a valid product key from amazon and activate windows 10.
However, If you want to remove the ‘activate watermark’ from windows without spending money then keep reading ahead. Following are the simple easy step to remove the watermark temporarily and permanently.
How To Temporarily Disable “Activate Windows 10 Watermark”
The following methods are used to effectively disable activate windows 10 watermark. Choose whichever method suits you best.
- Edit Registry To Remove Windows 10 Activate Watermark:
Run > Regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop > PaintDesktopVersion
- First, in Run enter Regedit.
- A list of file folders will appear and expand the folder named Hkey_Current_User.
- In Hkey_Current_User click on the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel folder click on the Desktop folder.
- In the desktop folder, locate PaintDesktopVersion file and click on “modify”. Change the value data to 1.
The last step is to click “ok” and restart your computer.
The watermark is long gone now.
- Remove Watermark By Script:
- Copy and paste the text from here and save it in your notepad.
- Save the document file on desktop as windows10.cmd.
- Right-click on the file saved on desktop and select run as administrator.
- After this, restart your machine and you’re good to go.
- Universal Windows Watermark Disabler:
Winaero is windows watermark remover tools used to automatically remove the windows 10 activate watermark without you actually going to folders and changing settings. These tools are easy to use and effective at best.
All you need to do is download and install them and they will restart your computer and the watermark will disappear. For installation unzip uwd.zip file and double click on uwd.exe. You can download it by going here. (save all your work and close applications before installing it)
How To Remove Activate Windows Watermark Permanently
If Activate Windows 10 watermark keeps coming back then you need to purchase a product key from amazon and follow the steps given here. But, you can also remove the watermark by implementing the following method permanently.
- Remove via CMD:
- In the search bar enter cmd and click on command prompt.
- After this choose to run as administrator.
- Type bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF in the command prompt window and hit enter.
- Close the window when it states that the operation went successfully.
- Reboot the system at last and activate watermark will be gone.
- Make Document File and Run as Administrator:
Copy text > Make a document > Save > Run as administrator
The second method is to copy the following text and save it on your desktop as a document.
@echo off taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe explorer.exe Exit
- Name it as remove.bat or activation.bat.
- Right-click on the document and click on run as administrator.
- Then you can restart your computer and that’s it!
- Change Ease of Access Setting:
This is the last method on removing activate windows watermark in windows 10.
- Click start and search for the Control Panel.
- Click on Ease of Access Centre.
- Select Make the computer easier to see.
- Tick the box where it says Remove Background Images.
- Click on OK and restart your machine.
We hope these methods will help you in solving the activated watermark problem at best. If you know about any other method of remove activate watermark issue let us know in the comment section.